We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Adam's root (Adam's seal) received other names: common dioscorea (Dioscorea communis), common tamus (Tamus communis). The miracle plant became famous thanks to the medicinal properties of the root. Do not confuse tamus with adam's apple. Although they have several similar effects on the body, they are completely different plants.
Botanical description and places of growth of the common tamus
Grass from the species of lianiformes belongs to the dioskorean family, the length of which can be 4 meters. The powerful tuberous root of the tamus is characterized by an elongated shape and a dark brown color. Throughout its area there are small roots. At the fracture, it has a juicy flesh of yellowish color resembling oil.
Leaf-shaped plates in the shape of a heart have another arrangement, and small greenish-yellow flowers appear depending on the place of growth (from May to June). The fruit is poisonous red berries. Most often, this grass is found in the southern latitudes, prefers mountain areas, in particular the Caucasus. In view of this feature the tamus is called Caucasian Ren-Shen. For treatment, a plant is used that grows far from industrial areas and is environmentally friendly.
Composition and medicinal properties of Adam's root
The composition of the fire root (the name was due to its warming properties) biologically active substances are included:
- organic compounds;
In addition, it contains trace elements indispensable for bone and soft tissue. Preparations containing tamus are actively used in the treatment of many ailments, since they have the following actions:
- stimulates the ability to regenerate damaged tissues;
- activates the processes of local blood circulation;
- restores mucous membranes;
- It has analgesic, wound healing and anti-inflammatory effects;
- strengthens the cardiovascular system.
The healing properties of the root are recognized by both home and traditional medicine. Pharmacological enterprises produce drugs with this component.
Adam's root in folk medicine
Collection, preparation and storage of medicinal raw materials
Most often, the stem root of the plant is collected, in rare cases, young foliage and seeds. The most favorable period for harvesting is the first months of autumn. Harvesting is also possible in the springtime (March). Because the grass juice is toxic, gloves must be used to prevent burns during collection and preparation for drying.
Raw materials should be cut into thin plates and dried under natural conditions in a place protected from sunlight. It is allowed to use special dryers, but at a low temperature.
Finished raw materials wrapped in paper and refrigerated can be stored for a considerable period of time. The medicine in the form of infusions should be stored in a container of dark glass in a cool place.
The use of Adam's root in folk medicine
Perennial creeper is used in home treatment in the fight against many diseases as an adjunct to basic therapy. Healing grass has a wide spectrum of action: relieves inflammation, relieves pain and helps in wound healing. Before using culture, it is recommended to consult with a specialist.
Recipes of decoctions and infusions
Decoctions are often used in the form of poultices and compresses. Since the plant is poisonous, it is important to take it with caution. If you need to use orally, you must comply with the dosage.
- To prepare the tincture yourself, you need to grind 200 g of the dry component and place it in a glass dish, preferably from darkened. Then add 500 ml of vodka and put in a dark place for 12 days. The composition should be shaken regularly. Before use, the product should be filtered. The medicine helps with joint problems. For greater effect, after rubbing the affected area, it is recommended to apply wool.
- In the event that the tincture is intended for internal use, you should take 10 g of the dry component and pour 500 ml of vodka. After 10 days, filter the composition and take it strictly according to the scheme: 1 tablespoon stir in half a glass of water. The course of treatment is 45 days. Then you need to take a break for half a month and, if necessary, repeat the course.
- To prepare the broth, you should take 10 g of the crushed product and stir in 250 ml of hot water, place in a water bath and leave for half an hour. Then remove and leave for another quarter hour. After that, filter. Eat 1 tablespoon before meals three times a day.
To prepare an alcohol-containing tincture, it is necessary to take 200 g of the crushed miraculous plant in dry form, place in glass containers and pour 500 ml of 40% vodka. Place closed dishes for 10 days in a room protected from sunlight. The finished product does not need to be filtered. Shelf life is at least 3 years. The medicine is used externally to rub the affected joints, preferably at night. The procedure is performed once a day, after which the grinding site should be wrapped warmly.
In the fight against inflammation of the appendages, it is necessary to pour 1 tablespoon of raw materials into 500 ml of alcohol and strain after 10 days. The product should also be infused in a place hidden from the sun. 1 tablespoon should be diluted in half a glass of water and consumed half an hour after eating.
What does an ordinary tamus look like?
Using Fresh Plant Root
In home therapy, products made from a fresh product are used. In this case, the root should be stored in the refrigerator, but for a short period of time.
- If you need to relieve pain, the root needs to be steamed in hot water and wrapped in cloth or gauze. Then attach to the affected area.
- For the fight against pathology of the respiratory tract and peptic ulcer grind the raw materials to a mushy state and mix with butter and honey in equal proportions. The finished medicine should be consumed 1 teaspoon before a meal.
- Eczema and Warts reduced by means prepared as follows: mix the crushed product with the same amount of 3% boric ointment until smooth. Patches on the skin are recommended to be lubricated very often. To enhance the effect, hellebore powder can be added to the pulp.
Adam root ointment
Another remedy based on a burning root is an ointment. In the recipe for its preparation, in addition to fresh raw materials, ground on a fine grater, Vaseline, vegetable oil or massage gel in a ratio of 1:10 are used. The resulting ointment can rub sick joints in circular motions for 10 minutes. After this, this part of the body must be wrapped for several hours. For storage, the ointment should be refrigerated.
To improve treatment results, after removing the compress, it is recommended to rub the affected areas, since stimulating blood circulation improves metabolism. After procedures using a poisonous plant, it is important to wash your hands well.
Contraindications tamus vulgaris
Like any plant, consuming a perennial creeper is not always safe. The use of root in home medicine is prohibited in the following cases:
- children under 5 years old;
- During pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- individual intolerance to the components that make up its composition;
- oncological disease, regardless of localization.
Side effects of the external use of tamus-based drugs include burns and allergic reactions.
With the oral administration of the plant, the appearance of adverse reactions, such as:
- digestive system irritation.
Important! In all cases, before starting treatment of the disease with any of the alternative methods, it is recommended to contact a medical institution for consultation with a doctor. An integrated approach leads to better results.
For self-cultivation of the Adam root, it is not necessary to tie it. Liana grows next to other plants and curls along their branches. In view of this, its rhizome is confused with the roots of neighboring plants and makes it difficult to extract from the soil. Under favorable conditions, the liana forms thickets. It is frost-resistant, therefore it does not require shelter for the winter.